Without doubt, June is the busiest month of the year for this column. It’s the end of the school year, of course, so graduations and academic achievements crowd the mailbag. In fact, this Shorelines installment has nothing but school news.
We’ll start with new college graduates.
• Zack Herman graduated from Colorado College with a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Science.
• Padraic Doherty graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Studies from the University of Vermont.
• Colin Bannen earned a Bachelor of Arts in English from Bridgewater State University
• Emily Menice received a Bachelor of Science in Health Science from Quinnipiac University.
• Three Hull residents were among the graduates at Endicott College. Mollie Manning, Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Graduated Cum Laude; Rachel Richman, Bachelor of Science, Applied Mathematics;
Danielle St. John, Bachelor of Arts, Lib. Studies/Education, Graduated Cum Laude
• Jocelyn McKenna has been named to the Plymouth State University President’s List for the Spring 2021 semester. McKenna is an Elementary Education major at Plymouth State. Jocelyn McKenna graduated from Plymouth State University with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education. McKenna was also named to the President List.
In undergraduate college news…
• Kelsey Bannen was named to the Dean’s List at Bridgewater State University for the Spring semester.
• The following local students made the dean’s list at Connecticut College, Lauren Anastos, 2024, Dean’s High Honors and Carolyn Patterson, 2021, Dean’s High Honors, Psychology and Human Development
• Melaney Jenkins was named to the Lasell University Dean’s List for academic performance in the Spring 2021 semester.
• Alan N. Medina Contreras has been named to Husson University’s President’s List for the Spring 2021 semester. During the spring semester, Medina Contreras was enrolled in Husson’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice program.
• The University of Rhode Island is pleased to announce that TJ Norbury and Brian Saniuk were named to the Spring 2021 Dean’s List.
• Alexandra Hendrickson from the Class of 2023 was named to the Spring 2021 Head of School Scholar Honors list at Pomfret School. To achieve this level of distinction, Alexandra earned a grade point average of at least 4.00 and received no grade lower than an A-.
Griffin Doherty and Victoria Krivitsky received Deans List Honors for the Spring 2021 Semester at Fairfield University.
At the high school level…
Hull resident, Nolan Tiani received a scholarship from South Shore Children’s Dentistry. Recipients are patients of the practice and were selected based on their outstanding written essay. Originally this year’s program was established to offer 4 scholarships but after receiving nearly 50 applications from patients all across the South Shore, Dr. Grazioso decided to expand the awards. Winners were from an array of South Shore towns including Cohasset, Hingham, Hull, Marshfield and Scituate.
The Hull Times Shorelines column is one way of preserving connections among residents, current and former. If you have good news to share, email your news note to email@example.com Photos are welcome, too, and can be sent as jpeg attachments to an email or by clicking the Photo Submission tag on our website, www.hulltimes.com. Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you.