- A Hull resident was among seven student-athletes at Notre Dame Academy recently honored during a ceremony at theHingham school for their athletic accomplishments and commitment to continuing their careers at the collegiate level. Hannah Evans plays lacrosse and will attend Hobart and William Smith Colleges next year. Evans started her freshman year by helping the varsity lacrosse team win its D1 South Sectional title and move on to a D1 State Championship. As a junior last season, Hannah advanced the team to finish as a South Sectional Finalist. She finished her season with an impressive 34 goals, 7 assists, 42 ground balls, 7 caused turnovers and 37 draw controls.
- Zachary Caulfield and Brian Haskins represented the Hull Fire Department among the 35 recent graduates from the Massachusetts Firefighting Academy. Students receive classroom training in all basic firefighter skills during the 10-week training program. They practice first under non-fire conditions and then during controlled fire conditions. To graduate, students must demonstrate proficiency in life safety, search and rescue, ladder operations, water supply, pump operation, and fire attack.
- Congratulations to Christopher Flaherty and Adam Foster, both of whom have been named to the summer 2021 President’s List at Southern New Hampshire University. Full-time students who have earned a minimum grade-point average of 3.7 and above are named to the President’s List.
- Helena Lynch, daughter of Eileen and Ron Lynch and a member of the Stonehill College Class of 2024, was named to the Dean’s List for the spring 2021 semester.
- Curry College recently announced Evan Feldman of Hull was named as an addition to the Dean’s List for the fall 2020 semester. Feldman is among the roughly 1,000 students who have received the distinction, a marker of academic excellence and high achievement.
- Celebrating Dean’s List honors for the summer 2021 semester at Wentworth Institute of Technology are Hull’s James Condrin and Gabriel Roy. Congratulations!
- Sarah Miller was among six women honored by The Women in Defense – Greater Boston Chapter with an annual scholarship that recognizes industry involvement, outstanding scholastic achievement and inspiring life experiences. The scholarships are intended to support women as they consider careers in STEM-related fields, particularly defense and national security. Miller is continuing her education at Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, with a focus on conflict negotiation and international security studies.
- Liam Borza was recently sworn in as a midshipman at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA) and as a member of the U.S. Naval Reserve. Borza was nominated by U.S. Sens. Ed Markey and Elizabeth Warren and Congressman Stephen Lynch to attend USMMA, located in Kings Point, N.Y., and one of the nation’s five federal service academies.
If you have news and photos to share about Hull residents doing good things, send your items to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for it to be included in the Shorelines column.